Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life Just Got a Little Better!

One of the difficulties we have living in Abuja is the lack of food choices. As everyone knows...we like our food, so it has been tough adjusting. Last semester I began making cake and cake frosting from scratch and I also learned to make tortillas from scratch. This semester I had planned to learn how to make ricotta cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese from scratch, but unfortunetly I forgot to get the enzymes I needed while I was back home. This weekend I learned how to make bagels and we are now in HEAVEN! I made chocolate chip, cinnamon and sugar, and onion poppyseed. The best part is that they are fairly quick to make and the reciepe yeilds enough for the week. Our lives just got much better! ;)

4 comments:

  1. YEA for good food! I'm so sorry about your new camera and all the other stuff that was stolen. I would be so mad! I hope you guys get it back, or at least the $ for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That's a little bit of goodness in evertyhing! =)

    ReplyDelete