Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spring in Buffalo

May 16th, I left for Buffalo and was lucky enough to spend a couple of days with Josh, Kandis and Hayden. It had been five months since I had seen Hayden and he'd grown so much. He's so active and is engaged in everything that's going on around him. I can't believe he's almost 1!
Hayden loved to come in my room and shut the door.



While I was there, Kandis and I traveled down to Amish country. We got a little lost (30 miles out of the way...thanks google map!), but we eventually found our way. It was a very interesting experience...it felt like we stepped back in time. Amish country is about 30 miles south of Buffalo, but such a different world.
As we passed the houses we noticed long lines of laundry and women hand washing clothes. I HATE doing laundry...and I have a washing machine! Seeing horse and buggy was a such a sight to see. Kandis and I knew we wanted to shop in Amish country, but we were not aware of what this consisted of. We just assumed there would be a row of shops down a main city street. In actuality, each family sells certain products out of their house. Our first stop was a house that sold baked goods and rugs. We each bought a beautiful rug and some homemade cookies.

On Sunday, Kandis, Hayden and I went up to Niagra on the Lake and enjoyed the spring weather. Last time we went up there, it was cold, foggy and rainy. This time, we had perfect weather and enjoyed walking around the town and playing in the park. While we were there we even ate at a restaurant called "Jordan's".
Hayden was infatuated with the dandelions...even tried eating a couple.


I had a wonderful time visiting and wish I could have stayed longer. Jordan and I miss you guys and wish you lived closer.








No comments:

Post a Comment