It's about that time for me to head back to work. Although I've LOVED my time being home, what makes going back to work easier is that I enjoy my job. I love seeing students learn and 1st graders are hilarious. They say the funniest things! Being a teacher is a hectic and tiring job, but I wouldn't do any other job.
Who knows where the societal pendulum is swinging nowadays; stay at home mom or working mom.
So many people ask me why I'm going back to work; saying, "Isn't being a mom the most important job?" I agree, being a mom is an important job (which I am doing), but I also believe in the need for "moms" to have space to continue to learn and expand as individuals, as well as the need for children to learn to be away from their parents and learn to be around others. I believe children learn valuable lessons from others, not just me. Being a working mom doesn't mean I don't love my child as much as any other mom, it just means I desire different things for myself and for my child.
So many people ask me why I'm going back to work; saying, "Isn't being a mom the most important job?" I agree, being a mom is an important job (which I am doing), but I also believe in the need for "moms" to have space to continue to learn and expand as individuals, as well as the need for children to learn to be away from their parents and learn to be around others. I believe children learn valuable lessons from others, not just me. Being a working mom doesn't mean I don't love my child as much as any other mom, it just means I desire different things for myself and for my child.
We win when we recognize that career ambition and the drive to nurture can exist in the same person at the same time, and work together to come up with ways to scratch both itches.
~ Meagan Francise
I'm back to work in 3 days...
I'm back to work in 3 days...


No comments:
Post a Comment